The Human Machine Guidebook is a set of principles, the bedrock upon which all wellness is built. It recognizes that wellness is multifaceted and that knowledge of the human body isn’t perfect. Following the guidebook provides the body peak nutrition and results in intense, positive feelings, optimum living, and peak wellness states.
Each area of focus is meant to work together to produce peak wellness and healing states. This is accomplished by introducing high quality, whole food, all while maintaining cleansing habits that provide the body the ability to reach peak states.
The time investment needed to fully realize peak states varies, but after three weeks changes in energy, drive, and emotional state are usually recognizable.
The Human Machine Guidebook addresses the following key areas:
- Oxygen Intake
- Intermittent Fasting / Cleansing
To maintain energy levels, it’s important to manage your oxygen and circulatory system.
- Exercise – be active. By moving your body, you assist your circulation, of blood and lymph, which assists in healing and maintaining your body. Walking is a good start, but it may not be sufficient to reach your goals.
- Verify the air in your home is clean and healthy and remember to breath in long, deep breaths for at least a few minutes every day.
- Hydrate – drink clean, unchlorinated and unfluoridated water, as much as a gallon a day, depending on your activity.
Plant Based Diet
Choose a diet that is primarily plants – an anti-inflammatory diet where you are eating in ratios that dramatically favor plants over meat and dairy. Dr. Weil’s anti-inflammatory diet is a great one to follow. Additionally, here are two key factors to consider in your diet.
- Portions. Optimized portions mean that you eat until full, then stop.
- Quality. Eat whole, unaltered food in as close to its natural state as possible.
Acidity / Toxins
There are two types of acidity – mineral and electrical. Both are important.
- Eat living food. Unprocessed food provides an alkalizing effect and the energy of life.
- Drink green drink – Raw juice is your best bet, but the powdered form can help maintain your PH balance as well.
- Avoid all toxins in any amount. Remove all artificial sweeteners from your diet.
- Remove all acidic beverages from your diet. Drink tea instead of soda.
Maintaining your gut bacteria has a range of health benefits and is critical to peak wellness.
- Add raw, unpasteurized miso to your diet as well as lacto-fermented foods.
- Eat sufficient fiber to support a thriving bacteria colony.
Fasting / Cleansing
Periodically abstain from food or eat a cleansing diet. This is a personal choice, but a short water fast lasting 24 hours is an ancient healing tradition. This improves discipline, contracts the stomach, and provides the liver the ability to cleanse itself.
Living a fulfilling life that includes meaningful and whole relationships is critical to finding out more about your journey here. Once you find the why, many intangible benefits follow, further helping you to accomplish your wellness goals.
Sum It Up
Taking each of these into account when you build your lifestyle will dramatically improve your well-being. It’s simple, as nature intended, but it all matters, from the humidity in the air, to the quality of the apples you buy. Your body is a system, and managing each element of that system will produce vibrant health.